Technical Analysis Basic Course
Learn all aspects of real-world trading from professional traders by using advanced technical analysis, trading tactics and other tools used by the Dalal Street pros.
Convenient Weekend Classes on Saturday & Sunday Only
It has been almost 15 years since electronic trading got introduced in India, advent of this brought profound changes in the marketplace. The start of bull run and its corrections broke the upward trend with the result that buy-and-hold is no longer a valid investment strategy, In addition, brokerage rates have decreased, and the Internet has made electronic trading available to everyone. All this has caused investors to be more involved in the trading process and interested in self-directed trading. Major brokerage houses have responded by including Technical Analysis tools in their trading platforms. This created a need of an exhaustive course in Technical Analysis.
Module I: Basic Overview of Indian Securities Market, Currency and Commodities Market
The basic module has been designed for those who are new to financial markets and would like to understand the markets from the very basic. The course has been designed for beginners in order to educate them on all the aspects of financial markets.
- Basics of Equity Markets
- Stock Market Terminologies
- How to Place Orders and Types of Orders
- Basic Factors that Affect the Market Movements
- Linkages between Different Types of Markets
- Introduction to Commodity and Currency Market
- Discussion on Major Stock Market Scams and
- Introduction to Technical Analysis and Basics of Charts
Module II: Derivatives
Derivatives are instruments to manage financial risks. They are called so because they ‘derive’ their value from some other asset called an ‘underlying asset’. A derivative is a contract between two or more parties whose value is based on an agreed-upon underlying financial asset (like a security) or set of assets (like an index). Common underlying instruments include bonds, commodities, currencies, interest rates, market indexes and stocks. The value of the underlying asset keeps changing according to market conditions. The basic principle behind entering into derivative contracts is to earn profits by speculating on the value of the underlying asset in future.
- Basics of Derivatives
- Understanding the Index
- Introduction to Futures and Forwards Contracts
- Explanation and Implementation of Futures and Forwards Contracts
- Introduction to Options
- Explanation and Implementation of Options (Call & Put)
- Explanation and Valuation of Options Premium
- Explanation and Implementation of Greeks
- Clearing and Settlement Systems
- Legal and Regulatory Environment
- Taxation and Margin Management
- Explanation and Implementation of Hedging Strategies in Derivatives, Cash Market and in USD on Metastock Software
- Introduction to Greeks